Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
A vacancy has arisen for an Installation Manager. You will be involved in developing the Mechanical and Electrical installation teams to support the Bristol business project teams in delivering quality installations for our clients.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Nurturing a positive SHEQ culture within the team.
- Costing of mechanical and electrical installation works from 1k through to 250k across all Bristol clients and project teams.
- Management of contracts or support Working Supervisor role in management of contracts.
- Build a structure to the team that allows the delivery of multiple concurrent contracts
- Day to day allocation of labour to contracts.
- Purchasing of materials/plant for delivery teams.
- Attend commercial and programme reviews to monitor performance.
- Management of CTCs with QS led support.
- Standard line management duties to all members of the team.
- Meeting of objectives and targets. PDRs, Holiday approval, timesheet sign off, ensure adequate PPE/uniform/tools etc with help from PSA.
- Liaise with other regional offices to supplement workload for the delivery teams or seek additional labour support.
- Identifying and planning of training for operatives to ensure SHEQ requirements are maintained.
- Liaise with nmcn transport to manage transport requirements for the delivery team.
- Active participation in collaborative planning and MSP programme reviews and direct utilisation of these systems where beneficial.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Qualified to SSSTS as a minimum.
- Previous site experience as a Supervisor of mechanical and electrical installation works.
- NICEIC Qualifying Supervisor experience.
- Excellent understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations, 18th Edition.
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution