Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Our Telecoms business unit operate as an Infrastructure Services provider and we deliver a wide range of essential infrastructure maintenance & renewal services, including traditional & hybrid FTTP build for the major Telco’s across the UK. Much of our work is conducted on the clients existing external network, both Overhead & UG and involves the excavation and reinstatement for the installation of our client’s infrastructure, including UG ducting, chambers, poling, cabinet erection, the installation of all types of cabling on spine, network and residential installations.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to be part of our QESH & Operational team working closely within the QESH Central Function covering our operational delivery across the UK. There is one position available to be based at one of our regional centres in either Huthwaite, Warrington or Leeds. The role will also be heavily involved in the compliance to the standards laid out in the NRSWA & SROH and driving a continuous improvement culture within the operational team to reduce defects from reinstatements of our works in the highways.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- The role involves the Management of a team of Auditors, trainers & Assessors who will be instrumental in the execution of the key areas of compliance.
- Working closely with the various business unit operational management leads (General / Operations Managers), Our clients and suppliers to ensure that all standards are understood, met and complied with.
- Driving NRSWA & SROH compliance levels, reducing the cost of failure by addressing root cause matters arising and defect/remedial levels
- Determining and agreeing on in-house Telecoms divisional quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Assessing changing client requirements and ensuring these are met
- Understanding, communicating and agreeing changing client standards/specifications to the operational delivery team
- Specifying material requirements with suppliers to ensure compliance with our operational Build, Inspection and Test Plans
- Investigating and setting standards for quality relating to health and safety matters
- Working with operational staff to establish processes standards, systems and procedures are effective
- Writing management and technical reports for clarity on direction, with particular focus on new ways of working.
- Maintaining and updating training needs for the business as we evolve into new Hybrid FTTP build Methodologies, active in setting up in house training capabilities and or liaising with third party providers
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality around our customer product delivery
- Directing objectives to maximise profitability through efficiencies implemented
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information to monitor an inform performance improvement actions
- Supervising operational staff deployed on the Quality team tasks
The experience we're looking for
- Proven track record in Quality Management
- Relevant IQA qualifications
- Experience in the Telecoms Industry
- Personable and highly motivated
- A strong leader and manager
- Excellent technical skills
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Planning and organisation skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- High levels of IT skills
The personal attributes we're looking for
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution