Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our purpose, culture and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunities for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to be industry leading, with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to work as part of a central integrated management team, within the Telecoms Operational delivery team, based out of our office in Warrington. The purpose of the role, is to provide safe, efficient management of the contracts, provide strong leadership for the operational and planning function and to act as ambassador with the client
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Ensure that all QESH procedures are adhered to and that all activities are carried out with due regard to the Health and Safety of all employees, clients and members of the public
- To provide clear and inspirational leadership to the regional team, that results in the delivery all contractual targets and devolves ownership of this delivery to individual team members
- Control and manage resources within the contract, to achieve the productivity and efficiency targets set
- Manage and plan the contract resources and activities to meet the financial, operational, environmental and quality targets
- Ensure that all employee relations issues on the contract are managed efficiently and effectively. Provide constructive challenge whilst building project teams which encompass various disciplines (eg. Ops / NRSWA / Scheduling / Commercial).
- Manage and develop relationships through maintaining regular contacts with the relevant client representatives.
- Continual review of resources and activities with a view to maximising the operational performance and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Continual review of existing working practices with a view to introducing alternatives promoting efficiency, through monitoring and analysing performance.
- Look for ways to increase/ exceed customer satisfaction whilst maintaining the company’s financial position.
- Be accountable for the P+L for the area of operation. Have a complete understanding on the financial status of the area of responsibility and be able to report as required on level of performance and adherence to targets. Be able to develop ways to improve performance in keeping with company requirements.
- Be responsible for cashflow for the area of operation and the timely resolution of accounts.
- Provide support to the Operations Director in all areas of the contract as required
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Extensive experience of working within the utilities contracting industry (Telecoms Delivery)
- Extensive experience of managing a high performing team
- Positive and proactive approach
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- The ability to perform under pressure
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Proven Commercial management skills with a proactive approach to achieving results
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter who has experience of leading and managing functions
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 5% pension contribution
- 3x salary life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday Trading
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Perks at work (discount at High Street retailers)