Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
We’re looking for an experienced HR generalist to join us on an interim basis to assist with a number of HR projects and change initiatives over the next 6 months. Given the nature and circumstance of the role, the successful candidate can expect to be supporting the management team with organisational change projects, employee relations matters and specific HR project work. As our offices are nationwide, you will be required to travel to our office sites as and when required to support on operational issues, such as TUPE transfer and Employee Relations. It is therefore essential that you have previous experience in dealing with both of these matters. This post will be based out of our Head Office in Huthwaite, Mansfield.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Provide advice and lead with pragmatic and proactive case management on all Employee Relations matters, ensuring legal compliance to promote consistency, equality and fairness
- Understand the current and future requirements of the Company, to enable you to provide professional HR advice and support
- Provide coaching to Managers to upskill and support them as required
- Keep up-to-date with HR legislation, ensuring that any risks are identified and managed
- Support the HR team to drive employee engagement
- Provide advice and support to the business during restructures and other areas of organisational change
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- CIPD qualified
- Experience of working with a ‘blue collar’ work force
- Commitment to customer satisfaction through the achievement of quality
- Extensive experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- In depth working knowledge and understanding of Employment Law
- Can demonstrate a good understanding of Employee Relations and TUPE transfer
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to hold challenging conversations
- Hands on, operational approach with the willingness to get involved in a wide range of business activities
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Proven HR management skills with a proactive approach to achieving results
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills to both internal and external stakeholders
This role is a 6 month contract position, therefore we are open to discussing a rate dependant upon the candidates previous skills and experience.