At nmcn we’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our vision and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunity for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do, and work in partnership with our clients and customers to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. We provide a complete service offering to the sectors we work in from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation. Our 12 regional offices and workshops enable us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships.
Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
Our Technical Services team based at our St Austell office provides professional engineering services to clients across a range of sectors. These include the mining and quarrying, mineral and metals processing, materials handling, general industrial, renewables and water industries.
Typical services offered include design from pre-feasibility through to detailed design for construction covering all disciplines. We also provide project management and construction management services for clients. Many of our clients are international, and we have experience in delivering professional services on projects in India, USA, Thailand, Sumatra, France, Sweden, Belgium, Brazil, South Korea, Portugal, Spain and many other countries as well as the UK.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Technical Services team based in the St Austell office, reporting to the Technical Services Ops Manager.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their RFQ / specification documents or through meetings with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual client requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Working alongside the Operations Manager to ensure scheme designs and outputs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- To manage and deliver design and consultancy engineering services from prefeasibility through to detailed design and construction, where necessary utilising our internal engineering resource as well as design, installation and construction sub-contractors.
- To provide project management of design and build schemes, where necessary utilising our internal engineering resource as well as installation and construction sub-contractors.
- To prepare tender documentation, quotations, and contracts for internal and external clients in conjunction with the Operations and Business Development Managers.
- To manage active contracts, including internal financial reporting and planning as well as client facing contract reporting on costs and programme.
- To lead and promote innovation, challenging our clients, design partners and the supply chain to ensure cost effectiveness in both our design solutions and design activities
- To manage, mentor and develop your direct reports in conjunction with the Operations Manager
- To ensure all work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI’s.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable degree in a relevant Engineering discipline
- A Chartered Engineer (or working towards chartership)
- Experience in a process, mining or minerals industry design and project management role
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes desirable but not essential
- Experienced in commercial and contractual management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Experienced manager with proven ability to organise yourself and others workload
Attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Proven Commercial management skills with a proactive approach to achieving results
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Be an excellent communicator at all levels both internally and client facing
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter who has experience of leading and managing functions
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.