Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commissioning Engineer. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, supporting the Project Delivery Team, you will be involved in the commissioning of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Contribute to the preparation of Commissioning Plans
- Preparation of Commissioning Documentation including Commissioning Manuals, Inspection & Test Plans, Inspection & Test Reports and Training Manuals.
- Reviewing P&ID diagrams and provide strategies to commission plant and equipment in to existing processes in line with client specifications without compromising process and reducing risks.
- Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant.
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
- The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment, including:
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Standby Generation Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage.
- Undertake or supervise the NICEIC electrical installation testing to C& G 2391 as requested.
- Demonstration of commissioned plant to our clients representatives to gain plant sign off prior to takeover.
- Undertaking client training covering both operational and technical competencies.
- Completion of commissioning records and diaries ensuring that all progress and equipment settings are recorded for the O&M manuals.
- Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction.
- Assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specifications.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries on SEMD frameworks
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Blue Water hygiene card
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution