Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
nmcn water delivers design and build services to the Water Industry, Severn Trent Water and an opportunity has arisen for a CAD Engineer within the central CAD Team in our Annesley office who will be working on projects for our clients.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Preparation of Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s using Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- Preparation of Electrical Single Line Diagrams using Autodesk AutoCAD software.
- Preparation of 3D models of water treatment sites using Autodesk Revit software.
- Preparation of layouts and General Arrangements from Autodesk Revit models, and in Autocad 2D.
- Preparation of pipe work layouts and 3D models using Autodesk Revit.
- Preparation of Bills of Material and Schedules taken from Revit models
- Preparation of Structural steelwork general arrangements drawings and schedules
- Preparation of RFC foundation and reinforcing bar general arrangement drawings and schedules.
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and registering Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments.
- Control the flow of design documentation and filing using proprietary document control systems
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential.
- Autodesk Plant Revit experience essential
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- Understanding of BIM level 2 protocols
The personal attributes we're looking for
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution