Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Reporting to the General Foreman and coordinated by the Project Engineers & Site Supervisors, you will be responsible for the Electrical installation/maintenance on Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations and Chemical Dosing Systems.
It should be noted that this role may require the successful applicant to participate in an ‘on-call’ rota to provide emergency breakdown attendance.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Responsible for the Health & Safety of themselves & others.
- Carrying out the installation to the required standard and within the required time frame.
- Red-lining on site Issued for Construction drawings, marking them ‘As-Built’
- Innovate, providing suggestions and ideas to the Contract Engineer or Site Supervisor for improved project delivery
- Emergency call out fault finding
- Complete site documentation
- Take responsibility for site safety, health and environmental issues
- Check goods delivered to site are supplied as per order
- Identifying changes to the works information and reporting to the Contracts Engineer / Supervisor
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Industrial electrical installation background
- Previous experience within the water industry is preferred
- Testing & Inspection an advantage but not necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical drawings and schematic
- JIB Electrician / Installer is essential
- Inspection and Testing C&G 2394
- 17th Edition wiring regulations
- Experience on installation of SWA , Tray , Trunking , Plastic Conduit
- An industry applicable ONC/NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Confined Space Training
- EUSR (Clean Water Hygiene)
- Knowledge of instrumentation used in the water industry
- JIB Approved Electrician
The personal attributes we are looking for in a candidate
- Awareness of site safety, health and environmental issues
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working